DAILY HERB GUIDE
- SAGE- It is shrub of mint family, with pleasant aromatic odor and warm, slightly bitter taste. Tastes good with stuffing, pork roasts, sausages, poultry and hamburgers.
- FENNEL- It is dried fruit of herb in parsley family consists of tiny yellowish-brown seeds with licorice flavor. Tastes good with soups, fish dishes, and sauces, sweet pickle, bread and roll.
- TARRAGON- It is leaf and flower toped of plant, has pungent flavor resembling licorice.
- Tastes good with- fish sauces, cheese and egg dishes, green salads, pickles, chicken, vinegar, tomatoes, sauces for meat and vegetable.
- THYME- It is member of mint family, with short brown leaves, has warm, aromatic odor, pungent flavor. Tastes good with soups, clam chowders, and stuffing’s: beef, lamb, veal, and pork dishes, oysters, eggs, cheese, bean and vegetable soup, fish.
- PARSLEY- It is tiny green leaf growing in clusters on low plant, mild, slightly tangy flavor. Tastes good with meat, vegetable, soups, eggs and cheese.
- SAVORY- It is member of mint family has aromatic odor, pungent flavor. Tastes good with meat, salad, chicken, soups, and stuffing’s.
- DILL- It is fruit of parsley family has aromatic odour with delicate caraway stuffing’s. Tastes good with fish dishes, cream and cottage cheese, potatoes, fish and vegetable salads, pickles, and tomatoes.
- BASIL- It is member of mint family with leaves 1½” long has mild aromatic odor, warm, sweet flavor with slight licorice taste. Taste good with tomatoes, peas, squash, lamb, fish, and eggs, tossed salad, cheese, duck, and potatoes.
- BAY LEAF- It is green, aromatic leaf of laurel tree has pungent flavor. Tastes good with vegetable and fish soups, tomato sauces and juice, poached fish, meat stews.
- CHERYL- It is green, aromatic leaf of laurel tree has pungent flavor. Tastes good with egg and cheese dishes, chicken, peas spinach, green salad, cream soups.
- OREGANO- It is member of mint family, light green in color, with strong, aromatic odor and pleasantly bitter taste. Tastes good with tomato sauce, pork, and veal dishes, pizza, vegetable, and fish salads, chill.
- MINT- it is dried leaf of peppermint or spearmint plant, with strong, sweet odor and tangy, cool taste. Tastes good with jellies, fruit juices, candies, frosting, cakes, pies, lamb, ice cream, potatoes, peas, and chocolate desserts.
- ROSEMARY- IT IS leaf of evergreen shrub, with appearance of curved pine needle, has aromatic odor with slightly piney taste.
- Tastes good with poultry stuffing, veal and lamb roasts, potatoes, cauliflower, fish, and duck.
- MARJORAM- it is member of mint family, with aromatic odour. Tastes good with fish chowders, vegetable, eggs, cheese dishes, stews, roast chicken, beef, lamb, pork, and stuffing’s.